Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday

For the first time in my life I kind of want something to drink other than water, whiskey, or beer. Well that is not entirely true, this beer is actually pretty good. My tofu on the other hand could use a little work. Turns out this was my first attempt cooking tofu myself. Hard to believe isn't it? Well I just set off the smoke alarm if that is any indication. But I have to use it up in a week so maybe next time I will try baking it. That sounds harder though. I am not used to putting something in a pan on the stove top with some garlic, peppers, teriyaki sauce, rice noodles etc... and not having it come out wonderful. oh well. Today was the start of the second quarter here in Madison. Yesterday Eric and I had drinks on top of the art museum, there is a pretty little sculpture garden and restaurant up there. By far my favorite place in Madison right now. Really good martini called a Tart (it wasn't) with pomegranate liquor, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice. Kind of a Cosmopolitan, but good enough that I will remember it and try to re-create it later. We looked really cute though. I like it when people match accidentally, I kind of wanted someone to take our picture. Wow I feel like I am coming off really vain in this post. I am getting into a weird sleep pattern here. I don't sleep much at night. Because its too hot, someone snores too much, too many drunk noisy people outside, or I am just not interested. But I love sleeping in the day. Only problem is by the time I wake up, I don't have time to make it to a coffee shop with enough time to effectively study before they close. Or I don't have time to make it back to my place before it gets dark and I get scared. Well I think that is about it for today. The weather channel promised me it would rain today all day, but they lied. Oh I am listening to the new Spoon album now. First reaction is its the good old Spoon that I like a lot, however its also not surprising and sounds just like their last album. So second impression is less impressed than the first. But that doesn't mean I don't like it. Alright maybe I will do some homework now. Arivederci!

No comments: