Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sa Wakas ng ikawalang Linggo

Madison is still just as strange and foreign to me now as when I first arrived. I have been continuously nauseous for the past week and a half despite my best efforts to remedy that with coffee, whiskey, and really good homemade food. I have had a great time cooking with my classmates because we have a mutual appreciation of excellent food and each others company and at least in my case, have no problem spending money on nothing else. My roommates here are not really interesting to me so I avoid spending time at my sublet. Its also a 20 minute walk away from school and our social epicenter referred to as the club house, which is our classmate Kris's nice apartment with a rooftop deck. I am tired all the time, perhaps because I lost my bus pass and I get lost nearly every time I try to walk home from Madison's sad excuse for a downtown. There are a few nice restaurants here and we finally found a bar that satisfies what we had been searching for (except no dancing here). So I am coming back to Seattle tomorrow for the wedding of my high school best friend. Weird. That is all I can really say about it at this point. I am really excited for her. Its nice to see wholesome relationships work out once in a while. I arrive Friday evening/night, wedding is on Saturday, and I leave Sunday morning. Short trip home. My vacation-vacation I suppose. The other kids I hang out with most here are going to Chicago this weekend. I kind of wish I was going, but Becky's wedding is actually surprisingly important to me. Also both of my parents are in Seattle right now. It will be kind of a rare treat to see them both at the same time, which has not happened since Christmas. Alright. I need to pack. Tagalog was hard for me this week. But I still think overall I am happy I came out here. At least I won't ever have to wonder what the midwest is like again, though I am not sure I ever really wondered that in the first place. Cloud Cult played an outdoor show on campus tonight, I thought I liked them, I guess I was wrong. I don't really know how long weddings take, but perhaps I will see you this weekend. Sige bye.

No comments: