Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sheatyl

So I am home. yesterday i got back in the evening. saw a high school friend at the airport in Minneapolis. Had not seen her since high school because we were not really friends, but we talked for a while in the terminal before taking the same flight back into Seattle. weird. then i sat next to kind of an inconsiderate asshole on the plane. i was not irritated enough to say anything to him but i was getting close. first off, for the entire flight he rested his forearm on our shared armrest so that his elbow was touching me. to the point where it felt intentional. I would have complained, but by the time I noticed, i was really cold and his body heat helped a little. then he wore his headphones around his neck so we had to listen to whatever stupid movie or bad pop music he chose to listen to for the three hour ride. and then, just after beverages were served, when I had my tray down, a mostly full can of ginger ale, a glass of ice and soda, my mp3 player in my lap and my seat belt on, he decided that was the best time to get up and go to the bathroom.


then i played 12 games of solitaire a did not win once.

(fall asleep for 8 hours then resume writting)

I got back to seattle, had no key to my house because my sublettor has it.
Had dinner with Loida and Carmel
Finally got into my house.

The next day while waiting for my roommates to be ready to take me to fred meyer to make a copy of the house key, I decide it would be a good idea to run and jump for the string of a balloon that is hanging down from our vaulted ceilings. it wasn't. I come down from my leap on top of a pair of really sexy platforms and quite possibly twist my ankle. I writhe in pain on the floor for a bit then ice it, and then decide that nothing can keep me from getting this key made. So i suck it up and move on. Then I kind of limp all over ballard (cupcake royal-because we weren't sure where fred meyer was in relation to market st-and its cupcake royal, fred meyer of course when we find it, then I get a call from stefanie who is on her way to ballard, so i hop out of ginas car on market and wait for stef to arrive while browsing through records (since I now have my deluxe record player) at Sonic Boom. When stef arrives I climb into the back seat of the car her little brother is driving, and suddenly something wet and hairy is on my cheek. With a 'holy shit!' I turn around to see two large dogs in the back and they are very happy to see me. We take them to greenlake so her brother can run them around, and stef and I catch up for a bit. Then we take the dogs back to the house her brother is housesitting at, and I realize that my ankle wont make it up stairs with out a fight. Of course the house is a 4 story town house, and that is when the pain comes back. By the time we get back to the car, my ankle is visibly swollen. So they take me home, I take a couple of advil and ice it again, then go out to Capitol hill with my old friend Jennifer and her little sister and some of her friends from Bellingham.

Now, the next morning, my ankle feels a little better but I am still going to make an appointment at the ankle clinic down the street. Then I am taking Kelsey out to breakfast and she is taking me back to monroe to get my car.

The end. I kind of enjoy having a blog, regardless if anyone reads it or not. I was never good at keeping a diary/journal, but this is easier, and not required by some class. So even though I am no longer in an officially red state, I might keep it up.

No comments: